Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Grandparents.
These are my grandparents on my mother's side from Denmark. I have been going thru and scanning our family photographs into an archive. Its truly reminds me of how powerful and helpful photographs are to our family history.

My memories of being in Denmark in the summer time and going into the garden with my grandfather to pick strawberries and then to sit in their small kitchen and help my grandmother peel the strawberries for desert in the evening is a fond memory that I cherish. Finding this image of my grandparnts on the sofa in their home and how present and almost an all knowing look as they are being photographed shows me the essence of who they are and I am able to revisit them each time I see and experience this image. How wonderful it is to be able to SEE.

Photograph your Grandparents! Enjoy your Grandparents! Love your Grandparents!



 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Powered By Blogger