Friday, March 24, 2006

Truth is Beauty.
Honoring what is.

One of the aspects that I very much enjoy about photographing children is that you never know how they will show up.

When I first started photographing children I was very invested in a certain outcome of how the image had to be. I would get very invested in making it happen.

Almost always the child would sense my agenda and be less then cooperative. Making a space for what is to show up was a great lesson that I was given from my little clients

Now with time on my side I am able to stay detached to a certain out come. I know that as long as I am present and connecting with the child they are going to show up as who they really are. I believe there inlies the art of the image as it is based in truth which for me brings such POWERFUL content to the image and honors the person as who they really are. So I realize that both myself and my subject are colaborators in a sense. We make this agreement that we will both show up and be present for each other and then as I get out of the way the beauty of Truth shows up.

I am grateful to my little friends who are constantly reminding me to show up and just be!

Kennedy is the daughter of a dear friend of mine and I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph Kennedy as she shared with me her many sides. These images to me summed it up for me.

To be so FREE that you can express how you feel in a given moment. What a great gift. Yes please!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Powered By Blogger